AWT SEED Program
Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:26 PM
Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:52 PM
Did you have some specific topics you were interested in?
Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:53 PM
Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:05 PM
I could probably come up with a syllabus for your review and then design some training around that. It still might take some time for me to develop that.
The CWT is a worthy goal....as a FIRST STEP, but I have to say that I am really not impressed with it. It is a marketing ploy designed to generate cash flow for AWT. There are some very sharp water treaters who got their CWT, hoping it would improve their credibility in the market place, no doubt.
Then there are a whole bunch of barely competent water treaters who somehow managed to know enough facts to pass the CWT test, but they really do not understand water treatment. These people are dangerous.
I simply declined to take the test, I am just not one who likes to play the game. I would rather pursue the knowledge than the "Certification". Getting a CWT obligates you to spend more money with AWT to maintain your "Certification".
This reminds me of one of my favorite quotations:
“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
If all you know are a bunch of loose facts, but lack understanding of the subject matter, then it is hard to put those facts (mere snap shots, in my opinion), into context.
Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:43 PM
Doing an online series does sound interesting. I would have to start really basic, however. They need to be short in duration. I am thinking 10 to 15 minutes or perhaps up to a half hour in length. Many would lose patience sitting in front of a computer watching for a full hour. If I lose my audience then what is the point.
I imagine it would go like this:
- About water, in general.
- Chemical and physical properties of water
- Basic Water Chemistry
- Industrial uses of water for cooling
- Industrial uses of water for heating
- Chemical Treatment of cooling water for scale
- Chemical Treatment of cooling water for corrosion
- Chemical Treatment of cooling water for biological fouling
- Chemical Treatment of closed loops (perhaps break this into subsections as well)
- Chemical Treatment of steam boilers for scale
- Chemical treatment of steam boilers for corrosion
- Chemical treatment of condensate
- Chemical pretreatment
- Water conservation in cooling towers
- Automated chemical feed and bleed of cooling towers
- Water and energy conservation in boilers.
- Automated chemical feed and bleed of steam boilers
- Understanding applying scaling indicators in cooling systems
- Understanding and running mass balances in cooling towers
- Understanding cavitation
Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:38 PM
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users