Jump to content


I am looking for solenoid valves for Cooling Tower Bleed Lines

Solenoid Valves motorized Belimo cooling tower bleed boiler blow down

2 replies to this topic

#1 dhourigan


    Advanced Member

  • Administrators
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

A friend of mine asked me this question today.

I am looking for solenoid valves for Cooling Tower Bleed Lines. What kind do you recommend.

I have not used solenoids for cooling tower bleed lines in many years. They are always failing, even when you put "Y" strainers in front of the solenoids.

What I currently use are Belimo Valves. These valves are motorized open with a spring return. The results have been great. Though more expensive than solenoids, they are still a lot cheaper than motorized valve.

I know that you were not asking about steam boiler blow down solenoids, but let me point out that earlier in my career, I saw many boiler blow down valves fail. Fully motorized valves are the way to go here. That means motorized open followed by motorized close/

#2 pwhydro



  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

I have used the Belimo valves for years and they have served me well.

#3 Guest_jkuhn@fremontind.com_*

  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Have used Belimo valves for years. Also use them on makeup lines to bromine tablet feeders to reduce water hammer on the inlet line components and their connection to the feeder body. Jim

Reply to this topic


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users